"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

23 December 2008

Pony advent, more sledding fun & not a lot of knitting going on!!!

Well, the ponies are almost done with their calendar.  This morning they found a carton of milk, a plate of cookies and a really green cup.  I have sneaky suspicion that it is all for Santa tomorrow night.  Pinky Pie decided to try on all the Santa boots today.  They seem to fit well.  They are all still having an issue with straightening up things.  I have decided that as long as nothing of mine is being broken or lost, they can do what they want with the teeny space they are taking up on the table.  I still give them the eye, just so they don't get out of hand.  They have to have boundaries.  They may be small but I think they could get out of hand faster than I can blink my eyes.


Today I have done absolutely NO KNITTING what so ever.  Unbelievable!  I take that back.  I stayed up after Glenn went to work, added a few rows on the hat (that has been it so far), ate breakfast, went to the store with Mom, came back home, ate lunch, and took the kids out to go sledding.  Even the big kid Brendon went with this time.  The girls were so jazzed that big brother went with.  We were out for over an hour and they had a blast.  The girls really liked riding on Brendon's back down the hill.  They even found a "little" jump ramp that had been made on the hill and started going down that.  They are all crazy.  They just aren't right I tell you!  Right before we left Brendon was going back down again on his stomach and I took the opportunity to take a ride on his back!  It was awesome!  It was fun out there with my little man.  We got a good 4 inches snow last night so the hill was in fine shape.  Brenna was so happy she was going farther than the last time we were there.  Yes, Mom went down the hill again too!  Really awesome day with the kids.  This is what it is all about.  I am telling you my attitude about certain things are changing.  I am really trying not to sweat the little things.  Life is too short.  I really wish my Dad was still here with us so that he could still be enjoying time with the kids.  They were his world.  I am sure he is watching though and laughing his tail off too!

The kids found a killer icicle on the side of the house!  It is hanging almost halfway down the side door of the house.  It is pretty cool!  It has an awesome shape to it.  I don't think it will be much longer though.  Melting pretty fast you know.  I'm going out later with the lights on to see if the colors shine through it.  Too neat!
Well, those wet clothes will not dry themselves, very fast.  So I must get off my tail and straighten up the laundry room, throw dinner in the oven, hop in the shower to warm up and plant myself down in a chair with a blankie and get some serious knitting done.  I can't wait for tomorrow for all the yummy snacks, family presents and just hanging out with everyone!  TA TA For Now!







1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Kar, I hope you had a wonderful one with your family. I have something for you over at my blog.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete