"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

21 December 2008

A day of Great Snow, sledding, knitting and the pony advent...

So today can you believe the day "started" for all of us by being able to sleep in!  I know it is hard to believe, but it did happen.  It snowed a bit over night but the majority of it happen during the day.  More is expected during now and the morning.  We had a really great breakfast made by Brendon.  He makes really good breakfast burritos.  I think he did it for Oma really, but we all enjoyed them.  He is a good cook when he really wants to do it.  For the majority of the day we lounged around, watched the snow fall and played games.  Glenn went out an took some really cool pictures of the snow.  He took a really nice picture of the river for me.  He is so darn nice.  That is why I have kept him for over 22 years you know.  Just a nice and relaxing time.  Then about 2ish, I could not resist any more and suggested that we go to a local school which has a pretty decent hill on the back of the property and go sledding. 
It was so much fun!  And I actually got on one of our sleds and went down the hill!  My Mom even picked up one we brought and went down the hill without even being asked by the girls.  Glenn and I just stood and looked at each other because we did not expect that to happen.  The girls thought that was so awesome to see Oma going down the hill.  Before we knew it we had been out sledding for well over an hour and a half!  Brenna squealed every time she went down the hill.  One time she tipped over and yelled she couldn't get up and I just about pee'd my pants laughing so hard.  She sounded just like "Randy" in the movie "A Christmas Story" (my most favorite movie!).  And she laid in the snow just like him too.  We laughed so hard we had tears rolling down our face.  Love that movie!  Anyway, a good time was had by all and three people were so tired by all of the sledding that they went to bed early after we had a good bowl of Gumbo for dinner.  The snow started coming down pretty good while out sledding and it was so pretty.  I don't know why, but I really do enjoy the snow a lot lately.  My dream is to have a home in the mountains with a big picture window, a corner fireplace inside and a big over sized comfy chair to have positioned in front of both the window and fireplace just so I can watch the snow fall while cuddling with a big warm blankie.  One day!  After the girls were in bed, I worked on a hat for a bit while waiting for Brendon to get home from work.  I get nervous when the roads are bad and he has to drive on them.  I like to be up to see his cute little face walk in the door.  That way I can sleep better knowing he is home safe.  It's a mommy thing.  

So the ponies received a Santa hat today.  As you can tell by the picture there was on wild party that went on during the night with the ponies.  Some how they misplaced one of the picture frames, the punch bowl was knocked over, the pet bird was tipped over and some how a sheep friend ended up among the mess.  Don't ask!  I don't even want to know.  I've got my eye on those ponies.  I did the eye finger thing when Brenna was standing near (where you point at your eyes with two fingers and then point with one finger at who you are watching) and she told me that there was nothing to watch because the ponies are just plastic and she just pretends that they move.  I'm not so sure dear.  I'm still watching them to be on the safe side.  I'm not so sure they are innocent little ponies.  They seem to be getting a little wild and crazy.  I hope I don't have to kick them out because of bad behavior.  You can't be to careful these days.  Oh well, off the bed so that I can get up and keep plugging away at the hat because there is one more left after this one.  Keep warm ya'll!  Off to dream land!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hee heee! I love the idea of the mystery sheep invading the Advent Pony scene! Gotta watch those Ponies, I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great memory to see your mom sledding down the hill. I like your dream, it's similar to one of mine. I actually have a couple of them I just can't decide which one I want :)
    I love the sledding pictures.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete