"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

10 April 2009

Eggs and wildflowers

Busy few days here lately.  Crafting, sewing, spring cleaning (one floor of the house) and just hanging out with the girls.  This is the week we took off for our spring break.  It's nice not being on someone else's schedule.  I finally took the flannel sheets of the beds because one would think that by April you would not need them.  Not the case this year.  It's still getting down in the high 30's at night but I have to draw a line with how long the sheets stay on the bed for a season.  It takes a bit of an adjustment going from flannel to "regular" sheets, so last night there was no sound sleeping where I was concerned.  What was suppose to take only a half hour to change all the beds took all day.  Once I was changing sheets I would see something else that needed to be "cleaned out" and that just led to one thing after another.  To say the least, the upstairs (kids rooms) is decluttered for the moment and I can move on to another part of the house.  yeah.  You can feel my excitement, I can tell.  

This afternoon the girls will be coloring eggs.  I was told that they were big enough to do it on their own, once the eggs were boiled.  I will find my spot at the dining room table, supervising (whether they like it or not) while reading or working on a project.  It should be fun.  They are quite eager to "design" the eggs this year.  I'll have to share pictures when it's done.

Em and Brenna a couple of Easters ago.
I had to share this pic with everyone.  Can't remember where I got it (sorry).  All I remember is that it is a pic of wildflowers here in Idaho near the Sawtooth Mountains.  I just love seeing all the pretty wildflowers when we go hiking up in the hills.  Can't wait for it this year.  I just love the colors up against the rugged fence that some hardworking pioneer put up once upon a time.  Love it.  Very peaceful feeling.
Well, I must be going.  I am being summoned to the kitchen to get the eggs going.  Hopefully tomorrow it won't be raining and I can get some pics of the outfits I finished for the girls.  I'm hoping everyone will have a spectacular Easter and have fun getting ready for the big day.

Toodles for now!

3 comments:

  1. Hope the egg decorating goes well!
    Can't wait to see piccies!
    Have a great Easter
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sawtooths have got to be one of my favorite mountain ranges. We used to go camping and fishing there when I was a kid. Reminds me so much of my dad.

    Can't wait to see the pictures. Have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kar,

    Just sending warm wishes to you and your family that you all will have a Happy Easter. And, I simply adore the wildflowers pic!

    Libby :-D

    ReplyDelete