"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

02 February 2009

Crochet hexagons and Valentine things!

This weekend was definitely a home body weekend.  Everyone went outside for at least a bit except for me.  Had no desire to leave the house.  Too many things running around in my head as far as all the little crafty ideas go.  I don't think there is enough time to get them all done.  But and effort will be made.  Glenn got some really neat pics this weekend.  You have to go look at the last page of his photos.  The birds are awesome.  The little hawk was sitting right outside our bedroom window and never moved when Glenn went out on the deck to snaps pics of him.  So cool!  Go take a peek. :)

The girls wanted to make wax hearts again.  A couple of years ago we shaved a lot of Valentiney colored crayons and melted the shavings in between wax paper.  After it cools down you have all these neat smudgy colored blobs to cut all sorts of hearts out of and do as you please.  The girls are wanting to cut out hearts and dangle them all over the house.  They do look like stained glass in front of windows! They are so bright and cherry to look at.  And a great way to add color to a drab time of year I must say. :)
I took every spare minute I could to work on my hexagon blankie this weekend between laundry, cooking, straightening things up, etc.  It gets to be quite the obsession you know.  It's hard not to want to work on it when you start seeing all the beautiful colors coming together.  I must admit there were a few hex's I spent a bit of time deciding on the right color and where it should go. You don't want it looking all weird you know.  I spent some time figuring out how long and wide I want it to be.  It's very important to make sure that if you are going lay about on the couch that it covers every inch of you and that no piggies are hanging out at the end.  That would be a disaster!  How could I live with myself! :)  The girls are asking whose bed it will be on when I get done.  Nobody's!  It's mine, all mine!  I'll share at times, but I lay claim to this lovely creation.  I have to put down limits now or I could lose it. Things could get quite squirrelly if that happens.  Rough house I live in. :)  Anyhoo, here is the big 
picture so far.  I am so giddy about it.  Glenn has been laughing at me because everytime I add a hex to the "canvas" he can hear me say WOW.  Simple things you know!  It doesn't take much to make me happy with this project.  Anyhoo, must get done with more pressing matters of the day so that I can get back to the wonderful yarny creation that is going on.  I will need a fix by the afternoon!  Hope all of you are having such fun with a creation of yours like I am.  Crafting and crocheting are calling me! :)

Toodles!! xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Now I will have to add a hexagon blanket to my list of things to make. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kar, I thought you were making this for ME!!!The colors you are using are just beautiful together. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! i LOVE it Kar..i may have to come over tomorrow!! weeee you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you an award, you can pick it up at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking GOOD my friend, looking so VERY good!!!!!!!!
    Toodle-oodle-oodles!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ps sent you email re crochet flowers
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi kar, thanks for stopping by my blog, always happy to meet new yarn folks! LOVE your hexes, aren't they addictive? your colors look great, can't wait to watch your progress. and how nice that your little girls want to share in the fun!

    luanne

    ReplyDelete