"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

14 January 2009

Yarn colors, craft time and too many days of gray...

We have had too much of the drab, gray skies here the past few days.  It's the only thing that I don't like about winter.  I need my light.  And to make things a bit more unbearable, I don't have the most fabulous light coming into the house.  Note to self: if we ever do move into another house, it must have FABULOUS windows!  Days like today I will have a lot of the lights on in the house, which drives me crazy!  I don't like the power company that much you know.  But what does a girl do when you love things to be bright.  If I didn't turn on every light in the house I would be napping all day.  Not good.  So I keep crossing my fingers that my friend the sun will show its' face around these parts soon.  Anyhoo...
Before PE class yesterday the girls and I stopped by a local store to check the selection of yarn colors that were on sale.  I am trying to get the colors tweaked before I begin my next project.  We walked out with a few colors that I think will work nicely.  I am trying to use up colors that are sitting in my stash.  I would love to have to FAB colors that Lucy has acquired for her next project but I am trying to be frugal and control myself.  No telling how much it would cost me if I just went out and grabbed every color that grabbed me.  And not to mention that I would have to order online for the Rowan yarn and that would be frustrating if a site didn't have all I wanted.  It would be a situation spinning out of control. (pull hair out now!).  So I will be a good girl, work with what I have and a few additions and make the project wonderful.  I'm just waiting for Lucy to spill the beans on what kind of blanket she will be making with all that wonderful, fresh, colorful beauties!  Wow!  Lost myself there thinking about colorful yarn!  Sorry!  I'll try to pull myself together here. 
 Anyhoo, the girls saw these little foam kits and who could resist a bit of happiness to the peeps.  They had me decorate the edges with a black marker and then decided where to put everything to make them perfect.  I helped with the hot glue gun and they put things just in the right spot where the blob of glue was strategically placed per their choice.  Now they are wonderful new bookmarks.  What a creative idea (no help from Mom).  So after some well done reading time from both peeps and the work load that I gave them today, it is movie time, curled up on the couch.  Well earned!
Here is a shot of the choices I have made so far.  There still is tweaking to be made, but I think the colors so far will be great!  I can't wait!  I might end up "peeing my pants" from the excitement.  The girls laughed at me when I said that.  Brenna's words were: "Mom, you are sooo funny!  But you know you are not suppose to do that and you know how to get to the bathroom on time".  Lordy Gordy, she cracks me up!!  I've got my eye on one other green and maybe another pink.  We shall see.  I'm about half way through with the "solid" area on the blanket I'm working on now.  Man, I can't crochet fast enough!  Patience Grasshopper!!  It will come soon enough!  I hope.  Lord knows I'm getting ants in my pants.
Well, soup and sandwiches won't get done by themselves.  And the sooner I get that done, the sooner I can get going on some crochet time.  Ta Ta!!!   xxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you from Attic24. You have some yummy yarn colors too. It's so comforting to have a colorful project this time of year. Especially since it seems to ge a very gray time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is shining today but the temp is -11°. I love, love, love your colors. I have to hold myself back from buying any more yarn, I need to use up what I already have. I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness I am almost peeing my pants looking at all that scrumptiousness!!!
    The colours are wonderful, truly, I especially like that rich turquoise blue which I can't ever find in Rowan yarns and it's one of my all time favourite colours.
    You know, your blanket its going to be FAbUlOuS, I can't wait to see it evolve.
    My own blanket is keeping me awake at night as I am soooo excited by it. Really...will reveal on the blog tomorrow!
    Love Lx
    ps I am LOVING that you've given me my own label on your blog posts, that is so sweet ((thankyou)) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete