"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

25 November 2008

"New" knitting inspirations!

So, for the past few days I have been working on some plain, blue and orange wrist warmers (BSU) to possibly put on a ETSY shop that I want to start.  As usual my attention has dropped from them and I needed new inspiration.  So last night I dug through the books I do have to look for hats and "prettier" wrist warmer ideas.  I just about kicked myself in the tail when I remembered that I had Kristin Nicholas's  "Kristin Knits" book!  I got it for Christmas last year, drooled all over it and let my busy life keep me from making anything in it.  Sad, very sad!  If you don't have this book, GET IT!  I love it!  I just don't know why I have tried anything in it yet!  Insanity!!  This book will make you drool if you get excited about color like I do.  So here are the inspiration, the Fingerless Flower Gloves!  I need to finish the couple of handmade gifts that are on my list for Christmas and I will start on a pair for myself.  Who knows maybe one of the gifts will get a little extra something added to them.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks for all the lovely books Kristin.  And  love your blog too.  Please keep up the beautiful work.

Now I must get back to the girls closet and "cleaning" out all of the small things in it.  Those two have way TOO much in there.  It would drive you crazy mad!  Then later all the Christmas lights will be dug out of the attic to be checked so that they can be put on the house tomorrow.  I have a feeling that if we wait for this coming weekend, we will be too late to get on the roof.  I'm not that brave.  I just give "helpful hints" from the front yard. :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a book I would love to have. Maybe I should hint to Hubby about this one :0 I'll have to check out her blog too, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and originally being from Idaho myself, I especially love your pictures by the river.

    ReplyDelete