"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

14 November 2008

Great day for food and knitting in Idaho!

The Boise River, downtown Boise, ID by BSU
Sorry for not posting the recipe I promised yesterday.  The day got away from before I knew it and I really didn't have an urge to be near the computer either.  Who knows?!  Then when I felt like doing something, I stayed up late to finish Glenn's wrist warmers.  So now I must begin mine.  I would have a picture, but he took them to work to wear in the morning.  Anyway,  it's a really nice fall day here.  The girls and I went to see a show with the Golden Dragon Chinese Acrobats this morning at the Morrison Center on BSU campus.  It was fun.  The both of them were glued to their seats and didn't move an inch.  Then afterwards, we had to go find Dad to eat lunch with him so the girls could tell him about the show.  Good day had by all!

So here is the recipe.  I originally found it on Cooks.com but as always, I change it to my liking.  I change every recipe I get my hands on.

Sausage Potato Chowder
1lb. smoked sausage
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 med. onion chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1-2 cups carrots, chopped
2 potatoes, cubed (yukon gold)
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 c. milk or heavy cream
cheddar cheese

*Heat olive oil in a soup pot. Saute onion, celery and carrots until just soft and onions are transparent.  Add sausage and brown lightly.  Add chicken broth and potatoes and cooks till potatoes are tender.  Taste to see if any chicken bouillon cubes are needed.  You don't want too much salt.
*While potatoes are cooking, combine soups, milk, and sour cream together until the lumps are gone.  Add to the soup pot and heat till everything is well heated through.  DO NOT BOIL!  Serve with crusty bread and add as much cheddar cheese to the top as you want!  Enjoy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment