"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

30 March 2009

Crochet bag... still waiting

It has surely been a slow weekend as far as any projects are concerned.  
Friday was all about enjoying the "warmer" weather and some bowling.  It was nice to see the large group that showed up for bowling and lets not forget all the laughing and chatting being done by the Moms sitting on the side.  Good times!
Saturday was about running in and out of the house enjoying the much nicer weather than the day before and making the yummy peach cheese cake recipe for after dinner.
Sunday on the other hand was very windy, damp and cold.  The weather can't make up it's mind on what to do around here.  Not that I felt like doing anything any way.  All I wanted to do was curl up with a blanket and sit around.  Not even a movie sounded like fun.  So that is what I did, moving about the house from one room to another, trying to find a cozy spot only to get fed up with the spot and go looking for another.  It was surely a funk I was in, so much so that I didn't even touch the good ole' hook and yarn once!!  Glenn wondered if I was needing to be taken to the hospital after a while.  No thanks, I'll pass.  :)
Today has been slightly better.  Lessons were mostly done while laying all over my bed going over spelling, history, science and writing.  It was nice because of all the lovely light coming in through the windows.  The sunlight helped some but not enough to get me bouncing around the house.  I think it is a bit of cabin fever but with a bit of achy added to it.  Yuck.  :P  I'm hoping after a good night's sleep and that great stuff NyQuil, which knocks me out, tomorrow will be better.  Cross your fingers.
And let's not even begin to mention what is happening to this country of ours, which depressing me even more.  Just sickening.  Sad to see that certain people, the government, can just ignore the fact that there is a Constitution that is the law of the land, but they are going to do whatever they want (break the laws) and no one is suppose to say anything. Pathetic.  Sorry for the rant.

I had to post a pretty picture of some mountain wildflowers to perk up the post a bit.  I love going up on a hike and watching the bees bounce around these flowers.  Quite relaxing.  And how wonderful to be surrounded by the lovely bluey purpley color.  Bliss!  :)
I did get a smidge done on my bag this afternoon before the fire went out as far as enthusiasm is concerned.  Just picture a crazy woman trying (fighting) to get the lining to fit just right so it not all twisted up in a mess.  Nice sight especially when the crazy woman kept sticking herself with the pins over and over.  The girls thought it was funny.  Glad I could give them comedy hour.
The lining finally cooperated and the sewing began.  Now I just have to finish the handles.  Don't hold your breath for when that will be done.  Not too fast with how the past few days have been going.  But "we" will prevail and press on to the finish line.
I'm tired again.  I have to go find one of the bright cozy blankies and curl up somewhere again.  I feel like my battery is drained again.  Hope everyone is having a better few days than I.  I'm hoping I can find something to put the "kabosh" on the funk and get back to feeling better soon.

Toodles!!!

5 comments:

  1. After the NyQuil wears off, I know you'll feel much better if you can help me with some healthy fruit drinks (i.e. smoothies, shakes...)recipes. I recently purchased a fresh pineapple, some mangoes, lemons, bananas, and strawberries. Come on, I know you've got some great recipes stashed in that cabin of yours. :-D

    * Hope you feel better soon! I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is looking good. I planned to line mine but, in the end I couldn't find the perfect fabric so gave up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man it's not fun feeling sick...I hope you start feeling better soon. I can't wait to see the finished bag...I can just picture you fighting with the lining, because I have fought with fabric before myself. Sometimes it wins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kar~
    Your bag is looking beautiful. Don't despair. I'm having the same over tired funk of my own. Can't quite snap out of last weeks head cold and body ache thing I had. The weather here is cold and drizzly with no sunshine today. I would love one of your cheery colored blankies to snooze under all day!
    We gotta hang in there! Spring and Summer are just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Spring is on the way. Hopefully some warm weather will help. I am anxious to see that new bag. It is looking great from here! Get well soon! XOXOXOXO Liz

    ReplyDelete