"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

01 July 2010

Complete!

Finishing the little table runner took a little longer than I thought yesterday.
Well, as far as picking out which one to do.
I just couldn't make up my mind as to which edging to put on it.
I don't think having so many choices lying around on the book shelves makes things the slightest bit easier.
But finally one spoke to me and it was adapted to fit on the little table pretty.

You can find the pattern in the Mar/Apr 2009 Crochet Today.
I only used rows 1-3 and really love how it turned out.
I might even have to make one for myself now.
I felt rather nice to break away from the usual shell, picot edging and go crazy with something else.
Breath of fresh air.
I'm going to have to look through all those other choices more often.

Back to cutting out the dress patterns today and clipping the fabric out.
Getting into some sewing today is really making me a bit giddy!

11 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty....and my favorite color red to boot. I do like this border and agree, it's nice to try something new from time to time.

    Have a sunshiny day....Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what your other choices were, but I LOVE the one you chose! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! I think you made a good choice with the edging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,Kar!
    Its so pretty!
    It just looks like summertime!
    It looks like a cherries on top of vanilla ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out beautiful...I wish you and your family a safe and wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely lovely! Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure what other edging you were considering but this is beautiful. For sure to be cherished by the receiver of such a thoughtful gift. Happy weekend and happy sewing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kar! It is sooo pretty! I love that lacey edge you put on it...such a fun vintage appeal!

    Hope you have a delightful Fourth gal! We are laying low and taking it slow! Yeahhhhhh!

    Love ya,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi kar,
    the tablerunner looks so pretty with the lace edge
    i love it!!!!!!
    happy 4th july!!!!!!!
    hugs regina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how beautiful!! The edging is so charming!!!

    ReplyDelete