"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

07 July 2010

Almost finished...

The weekend was great.
Jammed packed with food, family, friends, fireworks and more.
We had everything around the house decked out for the 4th of July.
It looked FAB!!
I even had all the good ole' patriotic songs going in the back ground.
It was a blast!

I was planning on taking things down at the end of the week, at least in the front yard.
The back is another story.
I'm liking it all way too much to not see it anymore.
I'm thinking it will be up all summer.
Being patriotic isn't just for one day you know.
And being that I'm the one who would be taking things down, I'm leaving it all up.
There's just something grand about those colors swaying in the breezes as you sit out back enjoying the outdoors.
Awesome!!!

On another note, 
I have made real progress the past couple of days on the baby blanket.
It's amazing what one can do when you don't let other things jump ahead on the "to do" list and you just make an effort to complete a big project.
I am now down to just a handful of yarn bobbins.
Compared to the gallon bag I started out with.
Progress.
It's quite a fine feeling.  
Now I just have to figure out how the edge is going to be completed.
There is nothing set in stone really.
Just winging it as I go.  Except for the main part of the blanket.
We'll just have to wait and see what grabs me when I get to the edge part.
The bright colors in the blanket will be used.
That is about all I know for now.

Well, back to getting daily necessities completed so that the blanket can be on step closer to being done.  There will be some outside time for that, before it gets too hot, so that I can enjoy the day lilies with all their gorgeous color.
Why can't they be week lilies?
It would be wonderful to have these little blooms around longer than just one day.
I'm just saying.



5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking they should be SUMMER lilies, don't you? Kar, your work is just amazing. I can't wait to see that little blanket all spread out. And DON'T take down those backyard decorations. I agree with you 100%. Summer is the perfect time to celebrate our freedom and liberty. We should show our pride especially now for our troops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karfee!! Wow gal...you get more done in a week than I do in 6 months with how your needles fly!! Your decorations are great, and they really do just scream summer Americana!! Love them!

    Hope your week is delightful! One of our daughters is having surgery tomorrow, so my health stuff waits til next week! Hopefully it is just a big fat nothing!!

    Love ya bunches!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. The decorations are great...I would leave them up all summer. I have put all crafts aside for the time being. Too much going on right now, but I can't wait until things settle down to pick them up again.
    I'm glad you had a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the decorations.
    Your yard looks so very lovely!
    And the daylilies are such a pretty flower,I wish as well that they lasted longer.
    I am currently trying to whip out a pair of baby booties before the end of this week(when there is a baby shower I have been unexpectatly invited to) normally an easy project,but I dont have much time to sit down as of late and hate working with a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your decorations are great to look at too! That baby blanket is amazing, I can already tell. Yarn bobbins? So, that's what they're called! LOL

    ReplyDelete