"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

17 May 2010

Busy again...


I've been MIA for a few days due to all the creating that has been going on around this place.

Julie had asked me to make a few things to put in her shop, to see what the response will be.  So my little hook has been flying, making things to sell.  We will see what happens. 
 
She's got the cutest shop ever.  It's quite addicting to go in there and see what kind of gorgeous blooms she bought early in the morning.  I've bought quite a few gorgeous hanging baskets from the shop to liven up the front door area and couldn't be more pleased.  I'll show them off later.




I've been working on table runners and really love them.  I think I'm going to have to make a few more just for myself so that I have all these gorgeous colors hanging around my place.  I'm not sure how far I will take this whole "making things to sell" because it really takes away from other projects that are on my "to do list".  Maybe I will try my hand at writing patterns for the things I create and share that way.  We will see.  Too many decisions for the moment.






All I know is I had better get my tail moving on finishing the blanket for my little nephew due in August.  I can't stand waiting till the last minute.  Drives me bonkers.  So I will have to concentrate on that little lovely before anything else is made.  Can't make the little guy wait.

I'm so excited!




I did make a little progress this past weekend in the planting dept. around here.  I got some of the buckets planted, a few planters on the deck and hanging off of it.  I didn't even touch the garden area yet.  That will have to wait until after tomorrow, after the rain, and when it cools off a bit.  I actually had to turn the A/C on last night so we could sleep.  I'm loving the cooler weather and surely don't want the hot weather to come anytime soon.  So loving the windows being open.  Wonderful fresh breezes and listening to all the little bird songs.  Heaven!

I finally broke down today and did the big spring cleaning thing around here.  I couldn't put it off any longer.  Drove me crazy.  So after busting some tail with all that, my tail is going to go sit and work on the blanket while the girls are enjoying the wonderful weather outdoors.

I remembered also that I still have to finish sharing about the trip.  Wow, has my mind wondered.  I'll get you caught up in the next few days.

Here's to a very productive week.  



5 comments:

  1. Oh,what pretties!
    Love the colors.
    IT WAS warm last night,wasnt it!
    I.like you,are not quite ready for the heat just yet.
    Have a great day and congrats on the spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your items are so gorgeous, Kar! It's great to have the opportunity to sell in a friend's shop. That way you do it when you want and you can still take time for your other lovelies. :-)

    Looking forward to a productive week as well. State testing is this week so I'll have less plans to make, so perhaps I can finish up more UFOs. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you Kar! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your friend's shop. Have a great week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the things you have been creating are so beautiful, Kar!
    I'm sure you will be able to sell everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those beautiful colors of yarn you're using. Table runners are a wonderful idea and should crochet up fairly fast, right? I've got lots of spring cleaning to do too. Was thinking of having a garage sale, but now am thinking about donating instead. Much easier and a huge load off my shoulders. Your post inspired me to get it done!

    ReplyDelete