"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

04 March 2010

You have to try this!

These are the absolute best!  Especially on a day like today when it's raining out and the house is filled with the smell of "banana bread".  They make a damp, chilly day easier to deal with.

Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip cookies

1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 c. quick oats
6 oz. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).

In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together until they are light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Mix in the mashed bananas until well mixed.  Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.  Add to the bowl slowly and mix until everything is mixed well.  Add the oats and chocolate chips.  Mix well.

Drop by rounded teaspoons on to your cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 mins.  Remove from oven to cool.  
Enjoy with a big glass of milk!



8 comments:

  1. Just a question: degrees are F, right? I usually bake at 180C but want to be sure before setting fire to my kitchen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that Alhana. It is 375 degreesF. I updated the post. Thanks for letting me know. I keep forgetting that not everyone is from the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kar. You're doing it again. Making me want to bake or have baked goods. These look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried them and they are DELCIOUS! I have never made cookies with banana before! Sooo good! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMO, Karfeee!! We are counting calories and eliminating most carbs so...I won't be partaking except with my eyes!!

    Have a joyful Sunday, gal!
    HUGS
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I printed these so Charli and I can make them in the future, LOL! I love your last post, I get inspiration by color, too, I am very visual, can spend hours looking at fabrics and at clothes in well set up clothing chains like Cato, just love COLOR!
    BTW You can get GWD Today online and there is a fan page on Facebook to get daily updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look great! They could be a breakfast cookie too :)

    ReplyDelete