"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

26 March 2010

I'm still working on my purple sweater. I know, this is the longest I've taken on a project like this. I got to a point on the pattern where I didn't like the placement of the cables after following the suggested length where the cables started. So I ripped back on the stitches to where I wanted them to be. A whole skein full! Yes, you read right. But now it's all good. If I wouldn't have done that, I probably would not have worn the sweater much. No sense in that happening. Now I'm just plugging away at the cable area so I can move on to the sleeves.
And for some reason, I have been going back and forth from the sweater and my colorful granny blanket. I've got 4 rows done now (88 squares) with a tons more to do. The plan is to have this blanket for my bed when finished. I was even thinking about lining the back when done also. We will just have to wait and see when I'm finished with all the squares.

The girls love being in the vicinity when all the colorful yarns come out. There was even a pony get together going on while the hook was flying. Kinda looks like they had too much partying. There was even a suggestion of an ice cream picnic after dinner and so I had to indulge. Who could say no? Not me. Rocky Road and Cookie Dough. Good combination!
Finally yesterday, I got "caught up" with my inspiration notebook that I like to keep. It's much better to have all these wonderful pics for color inspiration right in front of you instead of on the computer and you have to go hunt them down (my opinion).
I printed out some pics but most of them are from quilt magazines. I just love looking at all the gorgeous colors that get used in all the beautiful quilts. I'm being so tempted lately to come up with some colorful creations of my own to mimic a few quilts. That would be so awesome having beautiful color work like these laying around the house. It makes me giddy. I just need to win the lottery so I can afford all the yarn needed and some how find a way to add more time to my days to do them all.
It's really therapeutic looking through all the pics and deciding which ones grab you more than others, clipping them out and taping them to the pages of the notebook. You really start noticing the color choices you draw to most and that make you happy.
I've been getting a little fidgety about getting started on the next baby blanket for my brother and his wife. We are suppose to find out if the baby is a boy or girl on the 8th of April. But I'm not sure I can wait two more weeks! Looking through my notebook yesterday got my mind racing with ideas. I think I may have found some color combo's that will work for boy or girl and may just have to go with it and get started. You know, bright and cheery. I may have to run to the local store here in town that has yarn on sale all the time and see if there are similar colors that grab me. I might just have to go after lunch today. Fabulous idea I'm thinking.

I have to say that I had fun picking gals for the blog award yesterday. And those who have already passed it along, it's fun to see all the people you have chosen. There's alot of fun, creative people out there.

9 comments:

  1. I love both of your current projects! I cannot believe you had to take out a whole skein, I'm sure that was a hard decision to make, but I totally understand your reasoning. Your granny square blanket is fantastic! I just love the bright colors and the tiny squares - It's going to be beautiful!
    Can you pass me a bowl of ice cream too please =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretties on your blog today. I've been eyeing some deep purple yarn and now I must have it after seeing your purple sweat. Love the granny squares and your inspiration book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful idea! I have pages and pages of inspiration just waiting to be put in a notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the sweater will be fantastic when you finish! The granny is so beautiful and happy and colorful. Lining it would be wonderful. Then it could be reversible. ooooh I'm getting excited for you already.

    I'm loving your inspiration notebook too. I used to do a book for house and wardrobe. Then I quit. I hated shoppping anyways. :-) But having a color/pattern inspiration already in books instead of the computer is a fascinating idea. I may have to borrow it.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish I were better about keeping an idea book. I've just never been able to do it. I started this year, but it is now sitting on my workbench with no new additions... Yours is wonderful and I feel inspired just seeing it.

    And oh, ice cream? yeah, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your inspiration book idea. I need to do something like that. You have more patience than I do...I don't think I could have taken apart a whole skein. Love the color. YUM! Both of my favorite flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kar, I'm loving all the pretty yarns and the inspiring vibes I feel in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the purple sweater, plus all your beautiful pictures. That inspiration notebook looks like a great idea!
    Thank you for the award, I have to pass it along still, but I intend to do it soon. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have an inspiration notebook and it looks a lot like yours!

    ReplyDelete