"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

31 October 2009

Happy Halloween!!

Well, another week got away from me before I knew it. It's been way too busy AGAIN for my liking. Dentist appts., the PE group, lessons, adding the last details to costumes, etc. My brain feels scattered.

But after all of that craziness, last night we sat down for our yearly tradition to carve pumpkins the day before Halloween. We always get the new book of patterns for the year and everyone decides which one they want to do. The patterns are all traced out, transferred to the pumpkins and then the guts are taken out. Brenna thinks the "guts" are cool but won't touch them until they are out laying on the table. She says it's gross feeling. Who knows? :)

Big sis helps little one out a few times with some of the tricky areas.
And then the "easy" areas are done all by herself. Easy peasy!
The end result is the header picture above. I always try to find a "wordy" one to do. Glenn has to do the hardest one ever (the blowing scarecrow, which took him an hour to do), Brenna had to do the laughing skull and Em's was the "Headless Horseman's Flaming Head". We would have done a few more but these were all we could accomplish last night. There are two more that will be carved today by the girls in the simple traditional "patterns".

I finally got the package that I have been waiting for, for two weeks now! The package was waiting by the door when we came back from bowling yesterday afternoon. Soon after I got a call from FedEx telling me that the package was delivered. Really!! Like I didn't know that. The girl tried telling me that the post office had it for a week and had missed placed it till yesterday. What she didn't know is that when the FedEx guy delivered it to the post office in town this morning, our postmaster was waiting for him (because they have been waiting for the package also) and made him initial and date the box when he passed it off to the post office. So when I let the girl know that, she shut up fast. I told her that I didn't appreciate passing off their mistake to someone else.
Anyhoo, I will take pics of the yarn today and post it next time. I'm really pleased with it and Glenn likes it also. Which is even better. :)

I haven't forgotten about the recipe I promised last post. It will be on the next one. Promise! So I must be off the finish my list for today so I don't completely lose my mind. Wouldn't be good on Halloween, would it? No!!! Some more banana muffins have to be made today. Funny how two bananas always seem to find themselves hiding somewhere in the kitchen until they are just perfect for bread or muffins. It's the work of two little peeps, no doubt. LOL!!!!

Hope everyone has fun tonight! Don't eat too much candy! Costume pics next time also!

Happy Halloween!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Karfee!!! I am impressed! You guys should enter a contest or something!! Those carved pumpkins are awesome!! We have a pumpkin to carve, but it probably won't get done for another week!! Maddy is going to visit my sis, and we won't have time to do it before she leaves!! We carved flowers into ours last year! It was so cute, but nothing as good as these!!

    So glad to hear that you finally got your box!!
    I ordered somthing from ebay one time and never got it. I didn't insure it because it was very inexpensive, but it was the principal. The seller had only one, and then one miraculously appeared back in his store!! Hmmm...he said the post office must have stolen it! I only buy from people with TONS of sales and positive feedback now!!

    Hugs to you gal! Have a great Sunday and know that someone in Florida thinks you're the coolest!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just think, I've never carved a pumpkin, bought a pumpkin, or seen the guts of a pumpkin. Perhaps I should buy a little one just to see....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how funny!!
    My niece carved the same laughing skull and my brother did the same pumpkin head scarecrow.

    Great minds think alike!!

    I'm glad you all had fun with them!

    Don't you just hate when people pass their mistake off as if they did nothing wrong. I take GREAT PLEASURE in catching them in a lie like that and pointing it out to them. It makes my day!! Glad you finally got your package!!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete