"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

20 July 2014

This week...

















     This week was busy week with so much going on.  But it was also one that made us stop and relax in order to recharge.  And relaxing was one thing that we were not about to complain about.

     A very special quilt that I had been working on was sent out and received by the "Fantasticly, Fabulous Miss Freddie".  She is my Mom's best friend/next door neighbor and it was a special gift that was long over due for her.  A gift that hopefully lets her know how much we all love her.  A gift to let her know that she is part of our family, whether she likes it or not.  From what I could tell from the phone call the other night, she loves it.  That was thanks enough for me.

     When the heat made us retreat back inside yesterday I just had to start working on another project that has been floating around in my head.  With scraps all strewn about on the craft desk, work was started and as of this morning I am quite pleased with how things are turning out.  Too bad I can't cancel all of tomorrows plans just so I can work on it non-stop and finish it.

     Even though it was quite warm today, I felt it was perfect for washing beds and drying everything out in the sun.  And my king sized quilt finally got it's proper photo shoot, with the help of one of my handy dandy quilt holding helpers.  Not sure how laying on the floor of the deck is helping but I'm not complaining.

      A couple of days kept us in due to all the smoke in the air from all the wildfires in the region.  So with that a knitting project was started and lots of reading was accomplished by the peeps.  Slow, calm days was just what we needed after all we had done the days before.

     I had received an email earlier in the week from one of my bloggy friends, Judy, whom I have had the pleasure of chatting back and forth with for at least 4-5 years now, to let me know that she and her husband were taking a trip out to my neck of the woods and would like to meet up.  It just so happens that they were going to stay with another bloggy acquaintance who lives just around the corner from me.  Small world!  We were able to get together for a couple of hours, not nearly long enough, but enough to know that she is as nice and sweet as can be just like she is on her blog.  Both our husbands seemed to have a wonderful time chatting together while us girls chatted away.  How could they not have a wonderful time chatting when they both are die-hard hockey fans.  Piece of cake.  Judy even brought some homemade maple syrup that they make themselves and the cutest little quilting kit for me.  So sweet!  And the maple syrup is to die for!  Hands down.  What an absolute pleasure it was to meet them both.  I just hope next time we are able to get together it will be for a longer amount of time.

     The rest of the week was spent enjoying the outdoors when the temps were still comfortable.  Spotting rainbows when the sprinklers were on and watching bees do their work in the evenings.  Watching them go from one flower to another is quite relaxing.  And rather neat to see how fast they gather pollen on their legs.  Absolutely fascinating.  And enjoying a quick rain shower this evening, 15 mins worth.  But enough to cool things down and have the evening air be enjoyable.  I might even try to have to windows open for the entire night.  A simple pleasure that is surely missed right about now.  

~*~

Kar

     



     
 

6 comments:

  1. Your quilts are all beautiful Kar. Very kind and thoughtful of you to make a quilt for a family friend, I'm sure a lot of hard work (and love) went into it. The log cabin you are working on it going to be really pretty. That is neat that you were able to meet up with a blogging friend. The internet makes the world a much smaller place. Hope your week is off to a great start. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I can see why Miss Freddie enjoys her special gift. It IS that amazing. I imagine that she will be snuggling up in it whenever she can. You go, Kar.

    What a joy to be able to meet your blog friend in real life. I'm glad both of you couples were able to chat it up. I bet that syrup is extra yummy too. Handmade/Homemade/Homegrown = better all the way round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing quilt! She must be delighted with her gift. :-)
    I see the hot weather doesn't stop you from working on your sewing, meeting friends or taking beautiful pictures. That's good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful quilt. I do wish I had the courage to tackle such a project.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work always blows me away. What an incredible gift you have with that machine! In person visits from bloggy buddies are awesome and so is the quilt for your mama's neighbor and adopted family member. I love those chairs too, I remember when you painted them. Looks like summer is rad in your hood :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always your photos are wonderful! I hope the smoke has cleared up, Spokane was pretty hazy the whole time we were there. You are so right Kar, our visit was not long enough. We had such a wonderful visit with you all, remember if you ever head this way our home is open. Thanks for the tip on which way to go north the drive was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete