"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

22 August 2012

Finally...

It is finally complete.

The great Blanket of Awesomeness!

Made for one awesome guy.

A guy who so patiently waited while everyone else in the family got their own awesome blankets.  A guy who patiently waited for me to decide how each square was going to look and shook his head each time he heard me say "the colors have to talk to me".  No two alike.  144 individual squares all coming together to make one huge cozy, comfy, snuggly blanket just for my special guy.





Now it waits patiently for that awesome guy to come home and relax after a hard days work.  Just some quiet time to relax with a good book.  And to enjoy the squishy softness of his very own special blanket.  All his.  Not to share with anyone.  Unless he decides its necessary.


~*~

17 comments:

  1. TOTALLY AWESOME. It truly is a masterpiece. I know how long these big one's take. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous Kar. I'm sure he will love using it and even more so that you made it for him. The colors all blend so nicely together, you did a beautiful job. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is absolutely stunning. I love the edge of it, too. He's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and I'm sure he will think it was definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! This blanket is truly gorgeous, the colours, everything. What method do you use to join your squares?
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kar its just beautiful..Im sure he will treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woooooooooo hoooooooooooo! that's some gorgeous snuggly crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Kar!!!! It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAY TO GO!!! You are one awesome Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is definitely worth the wait! You did such an amazing job. And no two squares alike? Quite impressive. Somebody I know is going to absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude! That is the complete blanket of awesomeness! Your guy better watch out because I may come try to steal it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness me that is way beyond beautiful... that is a sunset! from New England, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL blanket! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are right it is awesome!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete