"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

04 April 2012

Cables...

I have been putting off any kind of project that deals with cables for quite some time now.  As I was sitting in the quietness of the house yesterday morning I said to myself "why not?".  I need something relaxing to keep myself busy right now.  And I'm needing a break from making all those color combination choices that need to be made with Glenn's blanket.

  Yesterday all supplies needed were gathered up.  A trip to the copy shop was made because it's just easier to work on a detailed pattern with pages that lie flat and not having to deal with pages that turn on you whenever they feel like it.  Maybe it's just me.

This morning I began deciphering the pattern and giving all the pages a once over before starting a single stitch.  Then while both the girls were working on an assignment that needed a bit of concentration on their part, I casted on and began stitching.  So far so good.  I made it through the first big increase row with no mistakes.  I was patting myself on the back.  Then the intense concentration on assignments ended.  I knew it was time to put things away for the time being.


I'm just waiting for some quiet time tonight to pick it all back up.  I'm at the point where I need to concentrate on all those cabley things now.

~*~

4 comments:

  1. You've definitely chosen an interesting yarny project. I've seen so many wonderful cabled hats that I'd love to try, but first I've got to learn how to do a cable. Keep on inspiring me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man am am exactly that same way. I always make copies of my patterns, it makes it so much easier. I love the color of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence, I am now knitting a tunic with cables. Definitely, you want a quiet moment for them unless you want to rip all your work (I did that 3 times... for the moment).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You CAN DO IT GIRL!!! I can't wait to see it. The pattern looks gorgeous. Is this the first time you have cabled? If so, you will find it is way easier than it looks. I love it! I do a lot of it. And I always copy my patterns then slide them into a plastic sleeve. It is way easier. And more portable. And spill proof. And it keeps all my books like new. Keep us posted on the progress!

    ReplyDelete