"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

10 December 2010

I'm so impatient...

So last weekend when Glenn was home, we made our quick trip around town for a few little errands.  During that quick trip we made a quick stop at the quilt shop.  I had been thinking about making a Christmas quilt for a while.  And since I had some Christmas gift cash burning a hole in my pocket, I decided why not.  Otherwise it would have probably been spent on someone else if it stayed in my wallet.  After looking at a few choices I finalized the deal with a bright and cheery pack of fabric from Moda Fabrics called the 12 Days of Christmas.  But all they had left was jelly rolls of the collection and I needed one of them and a layer cake.  So on line I went and searched one out, ordered it and it arrived today!

It all looks so gorgeous!  I can't wait to start getting the little mind rolling on how I want to put it together.  It will be simple and patchy looking.  No fancy cuts and shaping here.

 Just look at all the fabulous prints! 

I really must run so that I can finish the last few gifts that need to be made so that I can get to my wonderful fabric.  A note to the family:  Don't get in the way of my hook and these last projects.  I won't be responsible for any 'growling' if I'm interrupted.
xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric! Not being a quilter, I'm completely mystified by your baking terminology, but I assume they refer to quantities (I'm not even clear on a 'fat quarter'.Sad.I know.)Looking forward to seeing your quilt, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is gorgeous! I love the blues and the pinks with the reds/greens. I have not made a quilt in a while....hhhhmmmm *the wheels start turning*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those fabrics. Nothing has made me feel happier over the past couple years as red and aqua together. I can't wait to see how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kar,
    wow!!! wonderful fabric...i love the red and green...it looks wonderful.
    have a wonderful weekend,
    hugs regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Growl away....I've been known to get a bit snippy when I get interrupted (especially on deadline!). And you must have swooned when that fabric came. I'd leave it out and pet it whenever I walked by -- yup, I'm weird that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to tell you that I love the fabrics! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl, I know the feeling trying to get everything done in time. I love Moda layered cakes! Oh gosh all that yummy yummy fabric, can't wait to see it done and I have a feeling it wont be long! Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are such great colors! I made only one quilt ever...probably won't make another one. So much work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors...can't wait to see it when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete