"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

07 September 2009

Wonderful Yarn time!!!.

This weekend has been a blur really. So much going on and so much to do. But amongst all that goes on around this place I was able to actually sit and start on Em's sweater. Oh how I enjoyed that! You don't know how wonderful it was to just sit quietly and just knit away to my hearts content. I didn't realize how much I miss knitting until I started working a few rows and my fingers were flying. It felt GOOD!!! So after two days of just afternoon & evening time I finished the back of the sweater. The yarn is looking so FAB! The colors are wonderful and Em is so happy with it all. Just this evening I started on one of the front sides. I can't wait till the entire thing is finished just so I can see how wonderfully all the colors work together. Bliss! I still have to block this when I get done with all the other parts.

Libby passed this lovely blog award on to me early last week and I am just getting around to passing it along to a few others. Thank you again Libby. Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this. Libby is such a dear. And very creative with her crochet and I just love all of her tales of when she is teaching. I believe she is one of the few great teachers left out there. It shows with how much her students adore her. :)
Anyhoo, onto those I choose to pass this blog award onto.

First to Lucy. She still amazes me with all her creativeness that oozes out of her on a daily basis. She always presents all the bright, cheery, simple things that are out there for all to enjoy. Because really, that is what it is all about. The simple things in life, with a lot of color!

Next, Bev. She just cracks me up! She is always working on something "yarny" and never seems to run out of ideas of things to make. She even makes sure her neighbors dogs go around looking all posh! She has a heart of gold. And the funny jokes she shares with everyone on her blog are too much at times! Love her!

Next on the list is Dawn. She always works with the most amazing colors! And the projects she works on are just FAB!!! I am always in awe of the color combinations that she uses. I am constantly looking at my projects wondering "what if I use this color?". Thanks again Dawn for all of your wonderful inspiration.


I really had to think about this award because there are alot of good blogs out there. But these are the gals that always keep me on my toes with my projects, and keep inspiring me day after day. Thanks girls!


So on that note, I will be away for a few days. We are going on another adventure here in our lovely little Idaho. Somewhere we have never been to after all these years of living here. We figure we better go now before the snow starts flying and some of the mountain roads won't be passable. So... off we go! I will be back this weekend to share with you on where we went and what we were up to! Seeing a moose is on the list and for Brenna's sake, I hope we see one. Cross your fingers for a few other little critters.

So while I'm gone, keep a smile on. There has got to be something to smile about out there. Make sure you find it.

See you in a few days! Toodles!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I just don't believe it! For me? You said such nice things that I'm almost sure you have me confused with someone else! What a sweetheart you are.

    Love the sweater. It's going to be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwwww i'm hugely touched by your words kar, thank you so much for the award..very much appreciated.
    Off to check out the other awardeees now!
    :o)
    xxxxxxxxx
    ps toodleoodleooooooooodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award Kar. I love how the sweater is turning out and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be as delighted as your Em with this gorgeous yarn!
    Have a nice trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Mackarel, Kar!!! Your hands must fly like my Mama's did when she was knitting!! You finished the back already?? Way to go, gal!!
    And it looks so pretty and cozy already!!

    Hope your week is splendiferous!!
    TTFN!
    HUGS,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete