"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

21 April 2016

Spring is in the air...






















     The weather has been absolutely perfect here in these parts as of late.  It seems that I try to find any reason at all to be outside enjoying the smells of lilac everywhere, the warm spring breezes and the sounds of bees finding all the bits of pollen that they can.  I just can't get enough of it all.  I even get giddy when the mornings are warm enough to have the windows open as soon as the sun is coming up.  I look for any possible way to be outside just to absorb it all in.

     Hours were spent outside working a special blanket for a special little someone who is due to make her debut any day now.  Fun springy colors for a spring baby.  New pieces have been cut in the early morning hours for a quilt for my littlest.  Not that another quilt is needed.  But who cares.  Special fabric for a special girl.

     And as the sun goes down in the evening I find myself standing in the kitchen looking out the window at all the changing colors outside.  I just can't get enough.  I just wait for the next morning when I can start it all over again.  Windows open, listening to birds singing, lilac perfume in the air.  It's just about near perfect.


~*~

Kar

   

8 comments:

  1. I agree ... Total Perfection. This is the very best time. I can't wait to get up and have curtains blowing in the breeze. We are having a little rainy, chilly set back again but that's okay. We'll bounce back in a few days. I love your new blanket for the new baby who is about to arrive. And a new quilt is always needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kar,
    we have lovely spring weather,too. i love spring. your lilacs are beautiful. i love the blanket,lovely colours.
    i wish you a nice weekend,
    hugs,regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful handiwork, Kar. I'm sure that special someone loves their new special blanket. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors of the blanket are spot on! And I love the fabrics for that quilt. They certainly are special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are few things better than being surrounded by color. Your pictures were just what I needed this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could just pop over and visit on these beautiful mornings with you :)
    As always, I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete