"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

18 April 2016

12...












     So many mixed feelings about our youngest turning twelve over the weekend.  Such a special girl.  She is our "surprise!" child.  Full of spunk and a bit of stubbornness thrown in to make things that much more interesting.  She knows what she wants and works her hardest to get whatever that is.  She is happy.  Still wakes up every morning saying that "this is the best day ever!"  She's cuddly, lovable.  She has the prettiest freckles all over her face, just like my Dad did when he was young.  I so hope they stay with her forever.  She has quite an imagination.  She loves being outdoors and investigating everything.  She is my partner in crime in the kitchen, which I absolutely adore.  She loves flowers as much as I do.  I just wish she would leave some out in the yard.  She's a talker.  I hear that she gets that from me.  Apparently I was the same at that age.  Don't remember that.  And she still greets dear ole' Dad at the door everyday when he comes home from work with the biggest hug and kiss.

     Love this girl to the moon and back, forever and ever.


~*~

Kar

3 comments:

  1. Awww, Happy Birthday to Miss B! I can't believe it. 12 already! What a joyous time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm choked up Kar. Even I cannot believe this beautiful Girl of yours is 12 already. Where DOES the time go? I hope she keeps those lovely freckles too. I've always loved freckles. I am so touched by the glimpse of her character here. She is truly precious. What a perfect "surprise" you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to the 12 year old :) That cake looks so yummy and those freckles...precious photos :)

    ReplyDelete