"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

13 May 2013

Gardening...

I have never claimed to have a green thumb.  More pale green than anything.  I've dabbled here and there but nothing serious.  My whole yard is an ongoing experiment with things I like, don't like.  Things that work, things that don't work.

But one frustrating thing was I could never get seeds to start out right.  The sprouts would always turn out leggy, white, way too droopy.  A very sad sight the past few years of trying my hand at getting things started early.  I've said it once and I'll say it again, my house stinks when it comes to natural light.  There is only one south facing window, in my bedroom.  And there was no way I was putting seed starting things in my room.

Then this year I went searching for answers.  Lots of answers.  I felt like such a doofus after all I found.

But that is no more since the purchase of this little gem.


There are strong little sprouts everywhere!
So much so that I will have to share with friends.

Squash, zucchini, and teeny brussel sprouts.


Bigger brussel sprouts that look absolutey fabulous!


Jalapeño and other pepper sprouts galore.


Lettuces that get nibbled on every morning when checks are made out in the garden.


Tons of basil that will be used to make homemade sauces.  


And loads of flowery sprouts that will hopefully over load the yard with color.


I'm just so dang happy with how things are turning out this year.  I even did a little dance in the garden area last night.  I hope neighbors weren't watching.

Too bad I don't have the yard (garden) space to handle all these little sprouts now.  Sharing is definitely going to be happening soon.

~*~

2 comments:

  1. Well look at you Mrs Green Thumb, I love this post! I am so happy for you, strong transplants are amazing and bring such joy as they grow and then some more joy when you share your bounty. Love that lil green house. You go girl woot woot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your greenhouse is fabulous! Oh, now I see why you mentioned sharing sprouts to me earlier. You have a wonderful selection. Super excited to see how your garden turns out this year. ...and crossing my fingers concerning my own. :-)

    ReplyDelete