"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

28 October 2008

Halloween traditions

As I hurry through dinner tonight, get the girls cleaned up and in their pj's and then get myself in mine, I can't help but get this weird warm fuzzy feeling about sitting with the girls and watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".  I have watched that (and many of the other shows like that) since I was little.  My Mom would get my brother, sister and myself done for the day and put us in our Winne the Pooh feet pj's and lay us down with our pillows and blankies to watch all these favorites.  I always remember my Dad sitting with us to watch them also.  There is something about this time of year that brings all of those great memories flooding back, no matter how small.  I get a kick out of sharing these times with my kids, cuddling with them just waiting for all the GREAT holiday classics.  So, I challenge all of you out there to reach back to your childhood and share some simple but great memories and times with your children, so that all those warm and fuzzy memories don't go away forever.  Those of us who grew up during that fantastic time were so lucky!  The holiday's were just awesome when I was growing up.  I try to keep all of same traditions going just so that my children will have the same warm fuzzies.  Winnie the Pooh pj's ROCKED!!  And so does Charlie Brown!!  Too bad they don't make them my size now.  I would wear them and scare the family!  :) hahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment