"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

23 August 2013

This week...

Dana started this new little thing over on her blog called "This Week..." to try to make herself accountable for taking note of the happenings around her during the last week.  I have been putting off doing something similar for a while now and thought why not.  A few words, a few pics.  What the heck I'm I waiting for?  Seriously don't know.  So here we go...






-  I think I have completely lost my mind due to the fact that I have 3 projects going at the same time.  Quilting, knitting and crocheting.  I have no idea what possessed me to do that.  So out of nature for me.  It's kind of bothering me at the moment.

-  I was using the crock pot over the weekend and it just decided it had done its job for the past 26 years.  Seriously!  At least dinner was done and all was not lost.  But then I had to go out and get a new one, knowing that it more than likely will not last as long as my first.  It was rough having to toss the old one out.  Sad day in our house to let go of "Old Reliable".

-  I squashed the biggest spider ever the other day.  No joke, legs and all, it was at least half dollar size.  I thought I was going to get sick afterwards.  Our spider killing guy was at work so I had to put the big girl panties on and take him out.  I am not a spider liking kind of person.  Totally creeps me out.  I squeal and leave the room just to wait for my brave husband to take care of them for me and I hide so he can't dangle the tissue in front of me creepy me out even more. 

-  Last night after dinner, I was in the kitchen mixing up another batch of spreadable butter when my dear husband came in and touched my neck with his finger and said "Spider!".  I damn near flung olive oil all over the kitchen.  Luckily I had the sense enough to have enough control to not throw the measuring cup full of oil and run.  Everyone got a good laugh, except for me.  Someone got the stink eye after that.  Then a few hours later, back in the kitchen while on the phone with my Mom, there was another incident with a spider.  It crawled up on my foot!  Mom got first hand knowledge on how loud I can squeal over those nasty little things.  I hope her hearing is okay.  I think the spiders are out to get me.  Seriously!

-  Another little quilter around here has finished up the backing of her quilt.  Just waiting for me to go to the store and get batting so she can put the quilt together.  Apparently it is designed to be reversible.  Genius.

-  The lovely hot air balloons are coming around again with the mornings getting cooler.  Can't wait for next week when the balloon festival starts.

-  We have all been pretty sad to see our state literally burning up the past month.  Simply devastating.  Our hearts go out to all those effected here in our state.  Everyone is so thankful that there are so many brave people that are up in the fire areas working their butts off getting these monster fires under control and out.  We haven't gone on any hiking trips this summer because of the fires being in our favorite spots to explore.  There was some good news this morning about the fire in Hailey being 67% contained. Thank God.  Finally some good news.  Now there are only a few more big ones to pray about.  We are happy that we don't have to change our Fall vacation plans this year.  


~*~

kar

4 comments:

  1. We have been hit really hard with the fire season here as well. So early this year and so very bad. Glad your balloons are back for morning coffee time views, hopefully in those fun chairs from earlier this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you guys and wondering about those fires. Praying they stay away from you. And your spider story?? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to find your blog through Dana's and see you sharing the little bits of your week. I'm not fan of spiders either! We did a home-stay in Belize on our honeymoon and the father asked if I was afriad of chickens. "Nope!" I said. And then a huge tranatula walked into their openair home and I let out the biggest squeal ever. He just smashed the thing (twice) with his sandal clad foot! Yikes! Sorry to pass along the heebeejeebees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've definitely got your hands full! Now, I'm with you on the spider thing. One decided to build a web near my back door and play hide-and-go-seek only I wasn't playing. When that little sucker came out one evening, I probably emptied my bottle of bug killer spray on him. Definitely not Charlotte's Web.

    ReplyDelete