"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

21 August 2011

Weekend happenings...

The quilt was finally finished on Friday.  Washed, crinkly and ready to go to its new home.

 The remainder of the day was filled with yard work and a last minute change of plans of which date we were going to the fair.  There was hours of rides that were accomplished by the girls and big brother.  I kept my feet on the ground.  Someone had to stay with Connor when others were squealing while hanging upside down.  They swear they will never do that again.  We shall see.  Brenna was not on this ride.
 Ribbons were won.
Glenn and the girls talked me into entering my big granny blanket.
It won 2nd!!!
 Brenna got ribbons for her two pics she worked hard on.
She did the biggest happy dance I've ever seen when she turned the corner and saw them.
 Em got 1st place on her first blanket ever made.
We are all very proud of her.
 Stops had to be made at the farm yard picture boards.
 Even Connor got in on the fun.  :)
 It was a late arrival back home that night.  Everyone was beat.  It didn't take long for everyone to fall of to sleep.  Good thing because Saturday was filled with a big to do list and then meeting Glenn after work downtown so we could walk over to BSU stadium and watch the free fall scrimmage game.

After all the years of living here, this was the first time we had been in the stadium.  Sad I know.  We were all hyped up about seeing the blue turf in person and seeing our wonderful team out on the field.
 It was a quick couple of hours but a wonderful way to finish off a hot summer day.  You can't help but get excited when watching the home team play.  Even if it was just practice.  Can't wait for the season to start in two weeks.
 Today has been quiet.  Full of naps, catching up on laundry and just staying at home.  Much needed.

After dinner there will be some casting on for a special pumpkin hat so that a certain little someone will be properly dressed for the fall season ahead.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend also.
:)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the awards won! Lots of celebrating going on over there, I'm sure. Such an exciting weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids did so well at the fair. Congrats to them and YOU! Your quilt is SO pretty Kar. I'm still dreamin' of making one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice quilt! I've got to start doing something special on my backing.

    Congrats to the kiddos for their ribbons. I remember my son's excitement over his first ribbons.

    Yes, PLEASE...keep praying for rain for us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your big victories at the fair. I think it's just brave that you entered (I would be too shy!) -- but to win, WOW that's great. I'm sure that little someone is going to look marvelous in his pumpkin hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the winnings! I love the quilt it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our county fair was going on here this past weekend as well but we didn't make it. The Utah State Fair is coming soon. I am definitely going to be getting out my scooter for that one. I love all the beautiful exhibits. Congrats to everyone on their ribbons!!!!

    ReplyDelete