"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

24 July 2011

Relaxing now...

Whenever Glenn takes a few days off when the weather is beautiful things get busy around here.

Day trips were taken to places never explored before,
 and to a few places brand new for the girls.
 It's been ages since the last time we had been to a favorite spot of long ago.  20 years to be exact.
Too long.  Brendon was itty bitty the last time we were here.
 Between all the exploring that was accomplished for the past 4 days, there was some well deserved quiet times.  Most of it happened up in my room with everyone finding their own comfy spot to enjoy their quiet time.
 After all that, I was able to finish my blanket that I had been working on.
Yes, another one.
This one inspired by all the beautiful colors that I saw in a mountain meadow last year.
All the gorgeous colors from perfect little blooms, wonderful shades of green grass, the gorgeous blue skies and puffy white clouds.
It is hands down my favorite so far.


Now I must go searching and exploring for what will be my next project to keep my hands busy.
xxxx

11 comments:

  1. Your blanket is gorgeous and what a lovely idea to take inspiration for the colours from nature.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a B
    Give me an E
    Give me an A
    Give me a U
    Give me a T
    Give me a I
    Give me an F
    Give me a U
    Give me an L

    Rah! Rah! Rah! Kar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous blanket! You can send to me when you get tired of it. ;) Where were those other pictures? It is beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love your photos and your blanket is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, Kar, the blanket alone gives you reason enough to relax. This is one beau-ti-ful project. Glad you had a great time with your family. Still in awe of all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh -- I can see why this one is your favorite! It's beautiful. I would love to make a big granny like this. It's such a cheerful looking one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful blanket! Simply beautiful :) /Limar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to dip my feet in there as well...and the blanket turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blanket looks really beautiful. Love all the colors in combination with the white. Nice edge too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi kar
    beautiful photos and the blanket is really
    beautiful. i love the pastell with white.very
    sweet edges.
    and your trip sounds very nice.
    have a wonderful time,
    love regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a gorgeous blanket! congrats!

    so...what's next?

    ReplyDelete