"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." ~Goethe~

02 March 2011

Puzzles...

What does a Mom do when one of her wee ones comes up and asks her to help open a new puzzle for them?  You help of course.  Then you try not to help too much because the little one wants to try to do it all by herself because she is a big girl.  But of course.  So Mom just sits for however long it takes for her sweet pea to finish the puzzle.  Not very long but long enough to enjoy seeing the little gears in their mind working.
 And long enough to see the puzzle completed with the biggest smile on their face.  And then hear her exclaim that she really needs some pet bunnies running around the yard.
Sorry, not doing that.
 Then the Mom notices that her other wee one (not so little anymore you know) has decided that she also needs to work on a 1000 piece puzzle and would like to accomplish that all by herself.
Not in one night though you know.  One must pace themselves.
 Little sis comes by to check things out.
 And quickly leaves once she realizes how much 1000 pieces really is.
It makes me happy inside to see them pick something else to do in the evening besides staring at the boob tube and turning into complete vegetables.  Makes me stop and think that I'm doing something right when it comes to their decision making part of their brain.  At least it looks like I haven't totally messed them up yet.

3 comments:

  1. I loved it when we went through the puzzle phase here. Then electronics entered the picture. It's so hard to pull them away from the ipods and laptops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bizzare, I have a 2 &1/2 year old granddaughter that I had bought a puzzle for about a week ago. It was only 12 pieces. I was so amazed at how good she did putting it together, taking it apart and putting it together over and over again. I bought her a 24 piece puzzle yesterday at work and gave it to her last night. I am amazed at how much the little ones learn and how quick they pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I haven't put a puzzle together in ages. This sure brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete